Prophetical blessings on the tribes of Israel
First we have to see how Israel was to God. God has chosen Israel out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. (Refer Deuteronomy 7:6)
10 things Israel was to God
1) My people – Exodus 3:7
2) Peculiar treasure – Exodus 19:5, Deuteronomy 26:18
3) Wise and understanding people – Deuteronomy 4:6
4) People of Inheritance – Deuteronomy 4:20
5) A Holy people – Deuteronomy 7:6,14:2,21
6) A special people – Deuteronomy 7:6
7) Peculiar people – Deuteronomy 14:2,1 Peter 2:9
8) The people of God – 2 Samuel 14:13
9) The ancient people – Isaiah 44:7
10) A Holy nation – 1 Peter 2:9
Let him live not die, to live and multiply. Even though he forfeited these blessings when he sinned. A prayer for Reuben that the tribe should continue to exist.
In Septuagint (Greek) -> Let Simeon be very numerous. He is along with Reuben.
- Lord hears his prayers.
- In battle let him be brought again.
- Let his enemies never prevail over him. Safety and victory in battle is assured.
- They have the Urim and Thummim.
- They shall teach judgements and law.
- They shall put incense before God.
- Bless and accept the works of their hands. Moses recognizes Levi`s zeal for the Lord, a higher loyalty than family ties. Levi`s dedication to priesthood is seen. (Exodus 17:1-7)
The beloved of the Lord shall dwell safely by Him. Mount Moriah where the temple was located belonged to Benjamin. The Lord shall be his protector.
- Blessed in his land, the portion allotted to him was one of the best and most fertile.
- Precious things of heaven, dew, rain, sunshine and benefits from moon.
- Deep underground water.
- Chief things of ancient mountains, trees, etc.
- Precious things of everlasting hills – metals, minerals, olive trees…
- The good will of God comes upon Joseph.
- God’s blessing upon his head – that is he would be particularly separated to God. He was also separated from his brothers.
- He shall push his enemies until he destroys them. His horse is like those of a unicorn.
- Ephraim shall multiply by the tens of thousands and Manasseh by the thousands.
Zebulon and Issachar
- They shall rejoice.
- They shall call the people unto the mountain and offer sacrifices of righteousness. These tribes world bring many gentiles to god.
- They shall become rich through merchandise traded among the gentiles in the sea voyages.
- They shall such the treasures hid in the sand.
- God gives a spacious territory for God.
- He dwells secure and fearless as a lion surrounded with enemies.
- He tears the arm with the crown of his head. The leaders would get victory over all enemies. He led in the victory with the other tribes of Israel in the conquest of the land. He chose for himself a very good portion.
Dan has great future potential. He shall develop and catch his prey from Bashan. He is like a lion`s cub.
He shall be satisfied with the full blessing of the Lord. He shall possess some of the most beautiful country of Canaan.
He shall be blessed with children. He shall be acceptable to his brethren in all the tribes. He shall dip his foot in oil.